Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When i use pixel as page units and i create a rectangle with curves, XaraX use 0,2 as default corner radius. In the hole programm i can set all values as pixels. Why doesn't work it with this one? What unit is 0,2 ??? I have no control about the size of the corner radius when i create different squares or rectangles.

When i use pixel as page units and i create a rectangle with curves, XaraX use 0,2 as default corner radius. In the hole programm i can set all values as pixels. Why doesn't work it with this one? What unit is 0,2 ??? I have no control about the size of the corner radius when i create different squares or rectangles.

How can a ratio ever be in pixels?

I don't think that the value of 0,2 is a ratio!For example: if i want a symmetric corner radius of 10 pixels, i set up the value to 0,1414. The size of the rectangle doesn't make any difference.
    And that's my question: Why i must convert this value ???

With due respect, but the ToolTip calls it a Primary curvature ratio.
    And I think it is typical that on square with ratio 1 you get a circle.

[This message was edited by René van der Houwen on November 28, 2000 at 06:34 AM.]

I tried this and I seem to have full control of the curves (if only visual and with this ratio expression).

I'm wondering now if this is something that should/could be expressed in pixels? I don't have an immeidate need for this but some X users might.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

That is what I meant, Ed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You don't understand me what i mean! For example: You have two different rectangles. On each of them you want to have the same corner radius. Please tell me how i can do this without a fixed value? Hardly with a ratio??? Sorry, but i work often with CAD-programs and there is such a problem not given.

Ahh, that is your motivation.

Bear in mind that XaraX isn't a CAD-program.
    Its first use is for artistic drawings.
    Ed and I understood you well, but we could not see the necessity for an absolute unit in this function.

But even the problem you described can be solved when you use two guidelines at one site of the rectangles.

Create a rectangle with the curved corners you want on all your rectangles. Arrange > Convert to Editable shapes, then use the Shape Editor Tool to highlight the (4) nodes at one end and CTRL-drag them. Do the same thing to the adjacent side.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean