Hello. I am having problems with both .ttf and .otf fonts. Specifically, various Linotype fonts are now giving me real grief, all single fonts from various univers ranges.

I installed font manager pro 2 and all that happened was that Xara dp 7 crashed when I even scrolled down the font list. I have uninstalled the fonts and uninstalled the font manager. The crashing has stopped, but now of course I don't have the fonts for the job. In windows some installed fonts are invisible in windows, never mind the programs like Xara. If I go to reinstall them, it asks if I want to overwrite so it knows they are there.

Getting so tired of this. Kapitza fonts are declared as missing when I open a document, but are there in the list in xdp7. It's like being haunted.....

Thanks to all who replied. I am v font literate. Have no idea what is causing this, but the internet is having exactly the same problem. No one seems able to fix the fonts not sticking problem. Not looking forward to the windows 7 reinstall.