Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drop down nav menu problem...

I have edited a nav menu from one of their website templates, but now that I wish to have one of the menus to be a drop down menu I can't get it to drop down. I have created a submenu in the "Nav Bar Properities" page and it shows them in there but when I preview the website it never has it as a drop down menu.

Basically I want one of the buttons on the nav bar not to be a link but when you scroll over it with your mouse I want a drop down menu to appear. How do I set this up? Thanks to anyone who can give me a speedy reply!

Default Re: Drop down nav menu problem...

Hi Mattreins, welcome to TG

I've not been able to reproduce that problem using Nav Bar Properties alone. I suspect it is a layer issue. Could you upload a sample file ? (instructions attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UpoladToTG.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	87955  

What is the best file for me to send you? I tried to send the whole website file but is too large, even when compressed, to send. What sample file will show you my probem or how do I send you just one page of my website?

PS - thank you so much for you help. I have got to get this figured out today!1

If the .web / .xar file is to large you can make a copy of it and then delete irrelevant pages before uploading.

Here she is...basically I want the tab that currently says "Consignment Sales" to no longer be a link and instead be a drop down menu with two choices "Consignment Info" & "Current Inventory".

Once again, thank you for your help!! I'm sure it is something simple that I am overlooking...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aha, What you have done is you've combined the MouseOver layer with the MouseOff layer. I usually find that it is quicker to delete the menu and start again rather than unpick it all.

Thank you...I will start over and create it a new menu. I appreciate your help!

WD should do most of the work for you.

Drag in from the template and set as "site navigation bar" in the nav bar properties. You will have to deleted some links and re-create them as drop downs.