Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem uploading

Hello all! I am having a problem with my website uploading to the server. I keep getting an error that says 'the connection to the server was reset.' I thought there may have been an issue with the firewall so I turned it off and tried again to no avail. Does anyone know what could possibly be going on? Thanks for any input.

Default Re: Problem uploading

This might be a server problem.

Are you publishing your files to the right folder? Most web hosting companies have members post to a specific sub-folder such as HTDOCS/ or Public_HTML. So this is always a good place to start.

Are you publishing from within Web Designer?

Have you tried publishing to a folder on your desktop them moving the files and folder to your web host via an FTP utility such as Filezilla? This is often the best way if you are unable to publish from WD.

If you have never used an FTP application, it's pretty straightforward. You establish a connection using your password and user id and then drag and drop your files from the desktop or Windows Explorer file into the directory (and sub folder) on your Web host's servers.

The problem is often due to the FTP client not detecting the proper connection type.

Down load the latest updated version of XaReg by clicking on the link in my signature.
    Unzip the executable file to a folder on your hard drive. Close any open Xara applications.
    Double click on the XaReg.exe to run it.
    The program will list any Xara Web and/or Designer applications you have and list them on the left side of the XaReg window.
    Select your application by clicking on it in the list.
    Click the FTP tab and the FTP Connection Type option list. Select Active FTP =1. Exit XaReg and start your Xara application and publish you website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Active-FTP.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	87900  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks so much guys! I will give these a try and get back to you.

Thanks Bill. Good solution.

Hey Guys,

So I tried changing the FTP connection type to 1 and the same error message came back right away. I do use FileZilla to look at the server and there are no sub-folder issues. The site has always published without a hitch through WD7. It just stopped and I haven't changed any settings. I just updated a pic. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I am rather stumped.

Sorry that did not fix your problem.

You can follow the steps in this Xara Support article: http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2836

Once you have the debug view log file open a support ticket at: http://support.xara.com
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Try selecting passive mode instead of active mode and see if that does the trick.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Soquilli, et. al., I have been trying to up load the new web site and get a password error. I would like to try this solution, but I cannot find the link in your signature. Thanks for any help in advance
    Super K

Hi Super K the link is

Last XaReg Update

If you are getting a password error you must contact your web host and verify the password with them. Passwords are case sensative so be sure you are entering it exactly the same way you did when you created the password.

PassWord is not the same as password nor is it the same as PASSWORD.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update