Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simply.... how do I print any image? Can't find the print option.

Must be something simple. So excuse me for not being able to find it.

I used to use Xara Xtreme 4 and loved it.
    Since changing my computer to one with Windows 7 I have not been able to use Xara Xtreme.

Needed to print out an old Xara image today so downloaded and installed Xara Web Designer 7 as this seems to be the nearest I can get to the old Xara Xtreme that runs on my laptop.
    However, I can't find any "Print" option. It's not under File, Ctrl P doesn't do anything, nothing under right clicking.
    I need to print something quickly and I've given up trying to find the Print option.
    Could someone please advise me where have they 'hidden' Print?

Also, am I correct in thinking Web Designer 7 is the nearest program with features to Xara Xtreme or are the features of Xara Xtreme loss forever to this new web site design program?

Thanks

Default Re: Simply.... how do I print any image? Can't find the print option.

File - Print is not in Web Designer 7, it's only in Web Designer Premium, Photo & Graphic Designer and Designer Pro.

If you're trying to install Xtreme 4 from CD on Windows 7 check this support article out first, the program will install on Win 7
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2815

If you've been using Xtreme then Photo & Graphic Designer is the equivilent current version.

If you've been using Xtreme Pro then Designer Pro is the equivilent current version.

Go to FILE and right down at the bottom PRINT. Designer 7 or Designer Pro 7 is the newest incarnation of Xtreme and vastly improved and expanded on. Some dislike the new user 'slate grey' interface which I personally like. Web Designer7 is a stripped down version of the full Designer 7 with emphasis on the Web site construction not surprisingly. If you like Xtreme and need more than Web Designer offers then that's the way to go. There's a trial download available on Xara.com.
    Derek

Oops to late, beaten to it.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Xara Xtreme was changed to Xara Photo and Graphic Designer and Xtreme Pro is now Designer Pro. The current version is 7 and you can download full working trial versions of either from Xara.com

I don't have web designer7 to check, but Web designer 7 premium version does have a print function.

Edit: beaten twice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    File - Print is not in Web Designer 7, it's only in Web Designer Premium, Photo & Graphic Designer and Designer Pro.
    You can still print something you have created or edited in WD7.
    Just press F12 (preview) then press the Internet Explorer icon top right, when IE loads press Ctrl+P.

(Similarly you can choose Chrome, FireFox, Opera and Safari if you have them installed)

Web Designer doesn't export printable style sheet so print results can vary from browser to browser, but none are likely to be that accurate.

I think the OP just wanted to print an image Pete.

you can correct me if I am wrong - but printing it from a browser this way is only going to print low resolution [which may be acceptable to the OP of course]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...