Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I wish to use Xara X and 3D on a newly built PC.
    I have 2 questions
    1) Are these applications multithreaded or will I be wasting my money on a dual procecssor box.
    2) Will a speciality 3d graphic processor such as the Nvidia based Quadro FX cards make any difference to the performance as I want to work with many objects in an image at once.
    There are no budgetary constraints for this new PC but it's no point spending extra money when it won't be used.
    Any pointers to this or any other url that would shed light on it would be most helpful.
    /ir

Hello Revahi,

Welcome to talkgraphics. Unlike most other graphics packages Xara X does not suffer from code bloat. This translates into being able to function on a 386 or better machine. The faster and better the processor, the faster tthe redraw times and the more memory will give you more objects.

Your 3d aps are the ones that will demand the killer processor and all that.

i recommendo u RAM memory, this is so f*****g important , for the redraw, it will save you lots of time, i have a gig of RAM, so sweet, beleive me,
    the dual processor and the supero video card are only for 3d apps, , well the dual processor speeds up the whole machine, so, dual processor its important , yeah a lot, like the new apple G5, its a MONSTER! I MEAN ! A MOONSTER! ... but it cant runs Xara !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so forget about the MAC.. haha...