Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
Gare,
Here it is my attempt to create the object without copy it from a picture
"attempt" means "to try".

What you did, Javier, is "accomplish"!

It is obvious from the image above that you understand reflections, transparency, shading, the Fresnel effect of light accumulating like is does with a lens, and perspective in the scene you reproduced.

Overall, your work is outstanding, and you get +20!

Advice?

1.) It's an icosahedron, and your file calls it a dodecahedron. You can hate me at any time for being petty about this comment!

2. I'd feel more "comfortable" with the scene if you cropped it more tightly instead of "floating" the surface upon which the icosahedron rests. You can still make the composition asymmetrical as you have done. I think the think that bothers me just a little, little, little, is the gradient you have in the background serves very little artistic purpose, so it steals from the wonderful polyhedron for interest. If you have only two elements in your composition—the tiles and the polyhedron, I have two things, and not three to look at and will enjoy the polyhedron more.

Make sense?

3.) Where do you want to go artistically from this point? You have learned a lot. With your talent, I would like to see something that is NOT a polyhedron. How can you take what you have learned about reflections, transparency and all that stuff, and make an original drawing?

Suggestion: draw come jewelry and make this study in reflecting facets of an object into the gem in the jewelry, like a woman's ring?

It is wonderful work. Now I want to see a variation on it, to show what you have learned.

I'm a difficult fellow to please, aren't I?

—Gary