Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: pdf downloads

Default pdf downloads

Please ignore this post.
    I got it figured out. Just TOO Simple for me, or I am making thing too hard. I keep trying to rely on what I did in notepad or DW and this is not like either of those methods.
    philphoto

I can not seem to find instructions on how to place pdf forms in my website and provide a button for the site viewer to click the button and have the pdf forms download to the viewers computer.

Where do I place the pdf forms (in what file) and how do I link the files for download?

Any help is appreciated. It has to be totally obvious and that is why I am missing it. Or else I am just too entrenched in Dreamweaver to get my thinking working on the correct side of reality.

philphoto
    Last edited by philphoto; 16 January 2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Got it.

Default Re: pdf downloads

Edit: I prepared this post and only realised at the end what you had put at the beginning. Oh well, I prepared it, so here it is anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download_pdf.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	86657  
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Big Frank- If you are still out there- Regarding the PDF Files and downloading- If I use the Web properties dialog box as you illustrate, and check the 'link to file' >choose PDF
    do I need to up load the original PDF file first or will the program find and export the PDF with the button as I export and publish the button?
    Thank you in advance!
    Super K

WOW! Just like Philphoto, I got my answer to this! Again too easy. XARA uploads the PDF when called out in the Web Dialog box! Too Easy! THank you Big Frank for your earlier effort- It has helped me and who knows who else! Love the program, love the forums!
    Super K
    Last edited by Super K; 13 March 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Issue Resolved!

Isn't it wonderful that Xara is so utterly simple compared to Dreamweaver? Yes, there are a bazillion things you can do in Dw, but if you're trying to design a website, Xara is so clean and simple it's mind-blowing.

I just spent a few days building some experimental sites with MUSE (a new app from Adobe), and although it's great for wire-framing a new site (building a sitemap, really), it has so many limitations that I just couldn't finish anything beyond very simple designs. So I moved back over to Dreamweaver, which at least can do a find/replace in a text object, and couldn't get the graphical details to work. Finally, I screwed my brain back into its socket and opened Xara and had the job done (recreated from scratch) in (I'm not kidding) about 30 minutes.

Allen