Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WD6 / WordPress

Southern California.USA , Quartz Hill Ca.

Default Re: WD6 / WordPress

<iframe src ="http://directsound.wordpress.com/" width="100%" height="1350">
    <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>

here it is just place this in your place holder and change your word press address

Is that all that is required to do to get your blog news to work?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore,

If you are talking about RSS newsfeeds...

an iframe'd Wordpress Blog is going to automatically RSS to the wordpress blog itself, not the page that you created with an iframe embedded. In other words, if you follow the RSS link back, it will be to the Wordpress part directly, which will likely have it looking poor, as it would only have whatever formatting was within the iframe'd part of your page and none of the external prettiness nor the links back to the rest of your site.

You CAN, however, create an RSS feed update manually and have it point to the Xara page, just not the specific news posting within the Blog - i.e. just the Xara page, where you will see Blog posts according to the Wordpress settings.

An option that I've used to get around this limitation when a client needs to have the full features of Wordpress is to make a Wordpress template based on the graphics and links of the Xara site and then just link to it in a "new window".

Does that make sense? Is that what you were asking?

I use PHPJabbers for CMS (as well as for other things. even blogging software). This might come in handy for other clients so I hope this infor helps.

Good luck!

I am a newbie and am just getting the hang of Xara.

Regarding integration of Wordpress - the problem with using iframes is that search engines don't see and index them. (at least that's how I understand it).

I have a Xara website, but would like to design some pages in Wordpress to take advantage of some of the plugins in Wordpress (to use customer rating plugins, blog, etc).
    I do not want to use iframes - want to make sure all pages are indexed by the search engines.

Can I just install Wordpress on the server (the site is hosted on hostgator.com), and then have the Xara website point to specific Wordpress pages ??
    My guess is, probably it's not that simple .... but does anyone have an idea to accomplish this ?

Pixel pusher, i use phpjabber's CMS software. i install it directly to the server and the user can change and update any page on the site where the code snippet is located anytime he/she wants. PHPJabber has lots of other software programs that can be used this way including blogs, appointment calendars etc. But also as a side note: I have also used blogger to integrate a blog with my client;s website. if the majority of the site will be static and the client only wants to change the blog I just make the blog look like the website.