Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Stop & Post January 2012

I have been asked to design a banner for our church. This is still a work in progress.
    I have to keep it simple because it will be assembled from pieces of fabric cutout.
    At this point it has been a rush job and I know there needs much to be done probably moving the elements a little.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banner progress.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	86448
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry - The design is good. If the text is going to be a part of the design maybe find a less contemporary typeface. Some of the hand lettered fonts might be softer and less intrusive.

Also from a design point of view, the top and bottom elements are of equal importance. I would make the bottom area smaller and maybe increase the top objects. ( I realize that Jesus is not an object as such, but I am referring to the figure as an object).

Thanks for the feedback Gary. Here is the newest, is it better?
    I made quite a few changes, hope I didn't goof something up in the process.
    The wooden pieces are merely there to show what it might look like. I know I didn't do a real great job on those especially on the ball ends and I'm not sure what it would really look like with the horizontal and vertical elements joined together. So I just did it this way. This type face is softer and I like it but they liked the other one because of it's visibility.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banner.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	86558
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.