Sorry for your loss, mconeillster. Welcome to TG, though.

It appears that you lost at least 3 opportunities to save your project during your 3 sessions of development. No matter what computer or application/program you're using the rule has always been SAVE, and SAVE OFTEN. Yes, even in PhotoShop. And yes, I've crashed PhotoShop Elements 9.

As to what happened, I don't know. You might want to send the file and the error to Magix/Xara's tech support staff. They may be able to discover what happened to your file and/or recover part of the file. If you could enlighten the TG users as to which one of Xara's programs you were using when the error occurred, we may be of further, more immediate, assistance. The newer versions of Xara Designer Pro and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer have a built in 'Automatic Backup' function which is enabled by default. There may be an automatic backup of a previous version of your project available on your hard drive. Check the Utilities > Options > Backup tab to see if 'Automatic Backups' are enabled and to find the directory/folder where the backups are being stored.

I hope this helps (some),
HayTay