Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeat on all pages on resized pages

I am about to pull my hair out. .

I have a website, in which I created a main page, duplicated it twice. One page is the same length as the original; the other duplicated page I made longer than the original.

I want the menu on the original page to be a repeating object. Therefore, I deleted it off of the two duplicated pages. I then group selected the menu items on the original page, and then specified 'repeat on all pages'.

The menu repeats on the two duplicated pages; however, on the page that was lengthened, the some of the repeated items do NOT repeat in the correct positions; rather they are placed way too far down on the page.

Why wont the repeated objects maintain the same x/y coordinates on ALL of the pages, regardless of their length?

I really need help figuring this one out because EVERY TIME I have to make a change to the menu I have to manually cut/paste the items onto the lengthened page bc update repeating objects wont work right.

Ive had the same problem in WD 6 and the newly released version.

Please help!!!

Sandi

Default Re: Repeat on all pages on resized pages

If you're using v7 you should be able to force the repeating object to position relative from the top or bottom of the page instead of automatic. Just Right Click -> Repeat Position
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Hi xtom, I'm using Designer Pro 7 and I'm having the same problem with a column of buttons on the left side of my page. When I apply a soft group then repeat on all pages, the buttons show up at different heights on each page - sometimes with gaps between them, sometimes overlapping each other - seems to depend on the length of each page.
    I don't see a "repeat position" option when I right click.

The option will appear after setting the object to "repeat on all pages"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RepetPosition.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	86278