Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Need help creating a globe with technology type things in and around it

Hey guys,

Now I am very limited in my use of Xara Xtreme but I am currently needing to create an image of a world globe and around it (maybe even spewing out of it) I would require like something that conveys technology.

Have been trying to create this and tearing my hair out, at this point i'm now feeling like the less detailed it can be the better.

Any pointers at all?

Thanks guys

Default Re: Need help creating a globe with technology type things in and around it

Do a google image search for "earth + technology" or "world + technology" and get some ideas from the results that are spewn forth. I find google images great for inspiration, but don't copy images that you find there because you may find yourself on the wrong end of a potentially expensive Getty or Corbis copyright infringement claim
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Need help creating a globe with technology type things in and around it

(attachment removed by moderator)

Something like this is great, but I wouldn't even know how to go about recreating this but most especially the whole techno part...
    Last edited by gwpriester; 15 December 2011 at 02:10 PM.

first things first, you need to remove that image from your post because it infringes their copyright and they're likely to cry into their milk (and it's not good for the forum when that happens)

what we'll do is post a link to the image: http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...s-41724772.jpg

i'll help you create an image like that if you like, and we'll do it in this thread so people can laugh at me (i have broad shoulders and an even broader gut) and at the same time marvel at your growing talent

first of all, do you need that coloured background or will your image be going onto a solid white background? if the latter, it's one less step
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks for the response.

I am tryingto go back into the previous comment to edit it and remove the image, but I cannot find the option to do this.

A white background would be preferable and any help you can offer will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you moderator!!!