Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking to popup layers on another page

Hate to beat this one to death, but I need to figure it out. This thread was previously discussed and some code was offered along with the Locking Layers Tweak. I have worked on it for days without results. Attached is a simple 2 page xara source file I have set up to work this out. If anyone can figure it out and post the corrected file back here I will include them in my will.

From the index page, all 3 buttons open up the first popup layer that is open for viewing in the Page & Layer Gallery, rather than the specific popup layer they are linked to.

layertest.xar

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Linking to popup layers on another page

No code or tweaks needed, simply use an anchor for this. On the popup layer you can use any text or object as your anchor all you have to do is give it a unique name using the name tag icon on the info bar. select your button object and in the link properties chose the name of your anchor object from the drop down list next to "link to anchor" and Click Apply that's it

Corrected .xar attached
    layertest.xar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Angelize, I tried the anchor approach before I came to the forum for help. I checked your corrected file but the buttons do not bring up the layers (at least on my system). I'm running DP7. If these links work on your system perhaps I am missing some global setting. If you don't mind, please check the file again and let me know what you find. Thanks for your efforts.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

My apologies I left the popup layers hidden they must be left viewable for this to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I tried it with layers open for viewing but still does not work. I appreciate the effort but based on this and previous related threads I am doubting it can be done in Xara. Would be a great enhancement to the product. Thanks again.