Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rookie Question - can I add raw HTML?

Hello Xara World.

Xara was the 14th website builder I tried over the past week and my search is completely over—I've fallen in love and I foresee myself turning into a Xaraholic.

Here's my scenario - I need to add HTML code (a real estate type calculator created in another software) while keeping the Xara created header/banner. Is there some way to switch between WYSIWYG and HTML views? If the answer is already on this board, I couldn't find it by searching.

Default Re: Rookie Question - can I add raw HTML?

Hi FLT, welcome to TG

Xara WDP7 generates HTML code but does not have an editor. However, you can insert code via objects called place holders. With these you can do almost anything you would normally want to do with a fully code edited web page. e.g. e-commerce, CMS, PHP code etc.

Thanks Drwyd. I've spent an hour trying to figure out how to create a placeholder that I can put code into. I've got a decent size learning curve in front of me. Somewhere I thought I saw that there was a pdf users guide available, but I can't seem to find it.

Yea.

The placeholder is made by creating an object like a square or rectangle with the
    rectangle tool. Then use a placeholder on that object.

Then place the code in the placeholder and your cool item will be wherever you placed
    that object.

Also click on where it says help in your xara web designer software and then click first option.
    Additional: this xara site has great tutorials:
    www.xaraxone.com
    Last edited by properez; 20 November 2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: adding more

Far Left, After creating the rectangle to be used as a placeholder, select the object. Then right click/web properties. Click the placeholder tab and paste code into HTML code field. Object will not appear on your site, just the widget, so the size of the place holder doesn't matter.