Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just purchased Web Designer 6 Worthless does not install in windows 7 64 bit

I have just spent 6 hours of my life attempting to install this F%^*)()*ng program. here is a copy of the email I sent to this company which, amazingly, has no F%&(()(&ng phone number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If anyone can answer this with a fix please do

here is a copy of the ticket I filed with support

I have just spent 6 hours installing, uninstalling, installing, uninstalling looking through your forums hour upon hour on your knowledgbases. your program will not install on windows 7 64 bit.
    i did this: 64 bit operating systems. I turned off my virus protection before installing.

Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and look for a file with the exact name of 'msxml4.dll'
    If it is present in this location (with this exact name) download this file
    Once you've downloaded the file, extract the zip file and open the extracted folder

With all security based applications disabled, right click on the batch file and select 'Run as Administrator'

Click OK to the message 'DllRegisterServer..... succeeded'

Right click on the desktop shortcut to the Xara program and select 'Run as Administrator' to run the program
    doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    when i click on the program to start it the following pops up MSXML4 is not correctly installed. If the installer reported that you need to restart your computer then please do so. If you still have thios problem after restarting please refer to http:??www.xara.com/support/msmxl I go there and that page is f%$#@#*&g worthless. If the program is not compatible with windows 7 then do not put that on your package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What do I need to do? Return it to Best Buy???????????? Let me know. After doing a search online, EVERYONE has this problem that use windows 7!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Just purchased Web Designer 6 Worthless does not install in windows 7 64 bit

I don't
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Just purchased Web Designer 6 Worthless does not install in windows 7 64 bit

Hi KeithGuitarfan. Yes it does install in Windows 7 64bit. I had the same problem when I first downloaded, but my problem was simple to fix. I had someone down the road come up and instal it for me! I think he just bypassed the Run as Administrator and installed it in another folder. Mine is in a folder called Users/Programme Files. Once you have overcome your spack attack I know you will love using this software. Its great! I hope you can sort it out as I know just how frustrating it is trying to download stuff. Good luck, Abi

works perfectly on my win7 - 64bits

Quote Originally Posted by keithguitarfan View Post
    After doing a search online, EVERYONE has this problem that use windows 7!!!!!!!!
    er, ..no...

What do I need to do?
    I suggest learning a bit more about your specific windows 7 64 bit installation, particlarly in respect of MSXML4, which is of course strictly speaking your resposibility to sort out

remember it is an old version, no longer [fully] supported by Xara - that is not to say you will not get any help, if you ask the right questions the right way...

I suppose you could always try running it in compatability mode for older programs ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Keith -

I just installed Web Designer 7 on my Windows 7 machine. Downloaded the file, double clicked and followed the prompts. I didn't turn off virus protection or do anything "special" or different.

Why are you installing version 6? Why wouldn't you try installing version 7?

And the phone number for Xara's mothership office is very easy to find.

clearance sale from 'Best Buy' [the online store] I'd say, reading his post...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I didn't have a problem either.

No problem running any version from Xara X up to and including Designer Pro 7 on Windows 7 64 bit.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What he said... No install problems. Ever, including the latest version on Windows 7 64 bit.