Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: online photo's

WD6 online photo's

I want to create a website where people viewing the site can upload there own pictures for other people to look at and comment on... How do i go about creating such a site....any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: online photo's

I think this would be easier in one of the web-based Forums or blogs.

You can create your site in WD and then create your photo page in something like WordPress or Blogger and link to this site from your WD site.

Default Re: online photo's

Allow me to add to this: What you are looking to do is use some sort of cms ( Content management system).
    Wordpress, joomla, and drupal are good for this. Wordpress being the easiest to admin and develop.

If you want more control over the site .....
    here are the steps:
    1.You can actually download wordpress, Sometimes your hosting provider has wordpress installation for free. if they do "good".
    2. unzip it and create a sub directory for it on your hosting account.
    3. Create a database for your wordpress. This is needed. Especially for photos that get stored.
    3.Then FTP it using filezilla to your hosting account.
    4. Move it to you subdirectory that was created for it.
    5.Then you can create a link called "upload photos" or " blog" on your home page that was created on you xara software.
    To create the link just put the www.yourdomain.com/directorynamegoeshere in the web properties.
    6. Wordpress will have an installer so youll need to go online and access the url : www.yourdomain.com/direcotrynamegoeshere
    7. Follow the steps and finish. Then use it.

But Wordpress and other CMS are all pains in the butts and so are hosting accounts. So understand that you can go through some obstacles.

example: One i went through was a wordpress project i did. it wouldn't let me rename it.So it was stuck as wordpress. Plus i used godaddy. i dont think theyr'e good for
    CMS, at least not wordpress.

Hope this helped you a bit.