Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make round corners squared in text panel

Hi all..feeling defeated. I've used an existing text panel with gradated coloring..have content and size perfect..client would prefer square corners. How do I square off (90 degrees) all 4 corners..I would think it would be simple but can't figure out. Please help.

Kevin

Default Re: Make round corners squared in text panel

Highlight item, then select the draw a square tool. A menu will then appear across the top with Rounded corners selected, simply click it off. Voila..

I am still missing something..can't do it. Even with a fresh text panel from gallery. I highlight item and get the 2 points on each corner..then go to rectangle tool and the Rounded corners isn't even selected..only one selected is square with arrow pointing from top left corner to bottom right. Frustrating..Is it because it is a "stock" text panel it does not allow editing of corners?? I can draw a rectangle and then click on and off rounded corners, so I get that concept. Also a "stock" text panel is made up of 4 shape layers for coloring..is that part of problem? any help apprectiated.
    Last edited by kev410; 06 November 2011 at 12:09 PM.

I've never bothered with stock templates as prefer to draw my own stuff, maybe its something to do with the grouping of the layers for the stock box not sure, would take about 1 minute to re-draw the box apply equivalent fill and copy / paste the text into it and solve your issues..

AFAIK when making a stretch-group you have to convert rectangles to editable shapes first - and then you can't edit the round corners any longer with the rectangle tool.
    BTW it is pretty easy to make your own stretching groups...