Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Operation timed out

I've been having an ongoing problem with video's on my site, and tried to re upload again today, but it won't upload. I keep getting this 'Operation timed out' message. This happened me also a few weeks back. It's becoming a royal pain. I'm missing videos from my site for almost a month at this point, and I can't upload. Is this a Xara thing or what? Uploading seems to be fairly unreliable. Last time I was getting the 'Operation timed out' message, I gave up after spending half a day trying to upload. Then the following day it uploaded no problem!
    I've posted a thread last week about my missing videos, and now I have this 'Operation timed out' error again. I don't know if the two are related, but it's getting really frustrating. Has anyone else been experiencing these sorts of problems?

Default Re: Operation timed out

I don't think it is a Xara problem. It sounds more like a problem with your ISP or your web host.

Have you tried going direct using an FTP utility such as Filezilla?

If you can connect via FTP then perhaps that is a better and more reliable way to transfer your files.

Hi GW. Thanks for that.
    I can access my Cpanel ok, but how do I upload via FTP from Xara?
    I'll try anything at this stage.
    Best regards,
    Eoinmc

Some providers have their timeouts too short for large files in xara it seems, I've found that if xara takes too long converting and exporting as it does, before actually starting to send files then I have had server disconnects and all sorts of stuff (i'm hosted direct with 123reg / webfusion). Sometimes a fresh PC reboot helps xara but if no success I use filezilla or equivalent.

Thanks Hornet.
    Are you saying that this timeout thing is more than likely something to do with my host provider? If I can identify what's happening I'll be in a better position to resolve it.
    I don't know anything about filezilla but I'll check it out. Any idea how I upload my Xara files using Filezilla? I don't see it mentioned in the Xara menus.
    Best regards,
    Eoinmc

Im not sure where the actual problem lies, either your end or host provider, just stating what I experienced. But to find out its easy to just use something like filezilla to upload your exported files.

When you export your website file for publish its creates a load of .htm files in your selected folder, simply upload them as mentioned.

Ok Hornet, I think I follow you. I'll give that a try.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Eoinmc