Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Cool Clock Working

Gary,
    Xara help says

To force the rotation to be around any other point you can use a special keyword "rotate" appended to the front of the object name. Or you can use "rotate +" to force the rotation to go clockwise or "rotate -" to make it go counter clockwise.

Best regards
    Javier

Gary,
    Xara help says

To force the rotation to be around any other point you can use a special keyword "rotate" appended to the front of the object name. Or you can use "rotate +" to force the rotation to go clockwise or "rotate -" to make it go counter clockwise.

Best regards
    Last edited by jvila; 22 August 2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: it's repeated, please remove it
    Javier

It gave the right Time for me in Ecuador too -Thanks Paul!
    Tom - Hwy101

Great clock shows right time here on West coast Canada..BC
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

jvila, I think this is what you were referring to. I've applied 60 seconds worth of time before the clock resets. All the hands are moving at the same time but at different speeds. You're able to get the movement of a clock using Xara, but it will not keep time. The documentation on Xara flash is rather limited, but I will figure it out as I go along.

Thanks again for all your support,

Paul

cool clock2.swf

Amazing!

Paul,
    I'm completely lost.
    Did you create the working clock in xara?.
    I understood you had used a flash macromedia program to create the movement and the correct time.
    In your last post you referred to clock speed and I have a doubt about what is created in xara and what it's not.
    Could you send more details?.
    Thank you very much
    Javier

I am sorry for the confusion. The first clock that I posted was animated by Macromedia flash with action script. That gave it the ability to keep time. The second clock was animated in Xara in response to the rotation statement that you made in your post. I only gave 60 seconds worth of time on the second clock before it resets. The minute and hour hands reset after the 60 seconds. the animation and Xara is still fun, but it does not keep good time.

Paul

Paul,
    Can I ask you how you get second and minutes hands to go at different speeds?.
    Can you upload the xar?.
    I'm fighting with that matter and I've got to create a complete 24 hours day but I couldn't achieve it as an animation, I had to mix xara animation + xara web page.
    Best regards and thank you very much.
    Javier

Question Re: Cool Clock Working

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    jvila, I think this is what you were referring to. I've applied 60 seconds worth of time before the clock resets. All the hands are moving at the same time but at different speeds. You're able to get the movement of a clock using Xara, but it will not keep time. The documentation on Xara flash is rather limited, but I will figure it out as I go along.

Thanks again for all your support, Paul

cool clock2.swf
    Now, the clock on this post, is not showing the correct local time. Is that because of it being part of your post? Just a curious Tom aka Hwy101
    Tom - Hwy101