Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Textures from Fill gallery as page background

Hi, sorry probably it is very easy to do in Xara Designer Pro but I am not aware, how to drop from example a Fabric texture from Fill gallery as page background?

I have tried to draw a small rectangle, filled with the mentioned texture, but can not find how to make it as background

thanks,
    Zsolt

Default Re: Textures from Fill gallery as page background

Press the 'Background' button
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-16_161738.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	83584  

:-) Ah so it is even that easy :-)

Thanks, but somehow still trying, so opening a new web page, selecting the texture and clicking to Background button, that makes the whole Page with that texture for me. From what does it depends on whether it goes to page or background?

When you press the 'background' button - the page fills with the texture in WD, but his fills the entire browser window when you preview it.
    If you want the 'pasteboard' area only filled so that the page remains white then Ctrl+Drag and drop the texture from the gallery to the pasteboard.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Selecting the texture and clicking the background button will set the texture as page and site background. If you want the texture to show just as a site background with your page being a solid colour above the texture I just draw another rectangle and align it to my page. This gives you some creative possibilities, such as custom shadows and semi transparent pages that show some of the background texture through them. If you are using Designer Pro 7 magic snapping makes this a breeze.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

ShapeShifter thanks, I have learnt two important words Pasteboard and Ctrl-drag and drop, it made perfectly.

Angelize yes I am also trying in live your version, just draing another rectangle and that is my Page there

I think I know what you mean.... so try this. Hold down your Control key and drag the fabric picture to where you want it to be the background.

Holding Ctrl is only really necessary for the pasteboard background. The [Background] button will apply the selected fill to the page area (which becomes the entire background if no unique page background has also been applied)