Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Viewing the DP7 PDF Manual on iPad2

Hi

I appreciate the availability of the Designer Pro 7 manual as a PDF -- I formerly used a printed version of the Designer Pro 6 manual before upgrading. Alas, though the file opens without a hitch on my PC, via Acrobat Reader, the same file renders as a dog's breakfast when opened via a PDF reader on the iPad2. I tried two separate readers with the same result -- pictures reproduce but the text is altered into lines of blurred boxy pixels devoid of any characters. I've had no problem opening any other PDF on the iPad2. Are Xara using a non-standard format?

Thanks

Default Re: Viewing the DP7 PDF Manual on iPad2

I can view the latest version of the DP7 manual PDF (16.5MB size, http://downloads.xara.com/support/version7/dp7/dp7.pdf ) using iBooks on my iPad 2 and "only" the index is garbled. The same goes for Preview on my Mac. I've reported this issue to Apple, so we'll see what happens. Xara may also have more info about what's different with this particular PDF.

The PDF displays just fine using Google Chrome's in-built PDF viewer, for what it's worth.

Cheers,
    matt
    Last edited by gingerbeardman; 27 September 2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added pdf link