<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gregraphic:
Hi everyone...as a former designer of medals, badges, medallions, dies, moulds etc (using Xara, of course!)for many associations and institutions and a lot of bowling associations(mostly lawnbowls)I'd like to put in my two cents. The existing logo that Ed has looks to me as a photo of an actual badge that has been either cast or die struck, with either stove enamel or baked enamel fill...and this is important in the design of a logo for a sporting group. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
gregraphic.... Thank you so much for your input here!

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

Would you please continue to offer your expert feedback to those designs which will cause problems for our intended uses? Your experience and background is a valued asset to this whole process.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gregraphic:
Are they going to have badges cast or a die made for either pins, medals, medallions, badges? If so, Risto's design is right on the money as it would be easy to covert to a die. Maybe WECKBA will only use plastic badges and pins (which is sad to me as nothing feels as good in the hand as metal) then the design can be printed instead of cast or struck, this then allows more artistic freedom with the design. Maybe Ed can reply as to exactly what the logo will be used on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again Excellent points!
We will not go with plastic since we have always used metal in the past. I don't think we will ever go away from the metal.

So I have a question for you now.... We all like the designs with more detail so have you ever seen two versions of the same design? One that is more details used in print and a simplified version of the same design for die casting and such?

Regards
Ed