Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Stroke

Default Stroke

An E3 method. This is an open ellipse with a rectangular vector stroke applied. You cannot convert a line to a shape, but you can apply a stroke. The applied stroke is unstructured and smoothed. It becomes an object with a reduced number of nodes. A map fill was applied to the object, and a bitmap stroke was applied to the border. I wanted to see how well the stroke could go around the corner.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stroke.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	82719  

Default Re: Stroke

looks like it worked Rich. Can you do that same thing using only Xara?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry,

Maybe something similar with an articulated brush. A brush can have 50 elements as I remember. About as close as you can get to following a path.

Rich

Thanks Rich, just wondering,
    I have to admit that I am somewhat of a purist and try to do everything using only xara. Sometimes I might resort to something else if I have to, but for the most part I don't.
    I have played around with X3 some but so far just haven't gotten the hang of it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry,

I was trying to learn to draw in E3 after using Xara for a while. I drew in CAD for many years. My drawings were never viewable, and drew bugs and things. I was trying map fills and never got away from it. Mostly discovering unknown capabilities. I like creating resources, but never do much else. Drawings were just a means of testing the resources.

I did find an erasing and painting capability similar to a brush. Still finding new things.

Rich

Larry,

A long image stroke applied to an ellipse. Nomenclature is somewhat different, too.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCBW.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	82746