Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Yes, X3D version 7. Only this version has support for exporting to an AVI container.

Xara doesn't install any video codecs as far as I am aware.

In Xara help it say's:
"AVI options. Clicking this will allow you to choose from any of the AVI codecs on your computer."
In other words, it will use whatever you choose from that which you already have installed.

Perhaps you need to download the WMV9 codec.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ls.aspx?id=507
That is a 2004 codec which, when attempting installation, reports that it is incompatible with XP Pro and Windows Media Player 10 and above. Besides, WMV9 is several quality steps backwards from the videos I produce for my customers. I still cannot accept that this is a codec issue. All of my other softwares give me a preference between PAL and NTSC without a problem. I am only having this problem with Xara. I have 2348 codecs resident and have done a conflict check. None of the codecs are interfering with each other and all of the codecs will encode in either of the two standards formats.

There has to be an option somewhere in Xara to choose to render in either PAL or NTSC unless 3D Maker was designed to be used only in European and Mid-East markets.