Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Download Trial and Upgrade to Designer pro 7

I just received an email today offering an upgrade to 7 and it included the upgrade price.
    I logged in as directed and the price on offer was 1/2 as much again as in the email. (the email gave upgrade price in $ which I took to be US and login price was Pounds - I did convert)

I sent an email off to ask about it but main query here is if I download a trial version do I have to uninstall when the CD arrives?
    IE is the download same version as CD?

I seem to remember from past the CD was actually out of date by time it arrived and I had to upgrade anyway.

I'm on a new laptop and no Xara so would like to get it going as soon as possible.

thanks;
    Last edited by Richard S; 21 June 2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling!!

Default Re: Download Trial and Upgrade to Designer pro 7

It is always a good idea to start with a clean install. So yes, I would recommend un-installing the trial before you install the paid version.

And having the CD is always a good idea. All of the clipart, etc. is on the disc. And yes, there have been several updates which also need to be downloaded and installed. These address various issues discovered sine the initial release.

thanks Gary
    I'll wait the arrival of the CD.
    I tried the download last night but it was painfully slow (I'm on ADSL) at about 1/4 rate used to and then it just froze so gave up.
    I'll blame the 'ash cloud'

regards

The UK price (pounds) is higher as it has to include the 20% tax. Buy it in dollars.

Christine

Yes Christine - missed that on login thanks.

I took the plunge and purchased and this time it downloaded without any issues.