Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7 - Duplicating a page causing nav bar problems in browser

Only recently purchased WD7 so I'm just feeling my way around. I am using one of the website themes provided but it had too many pages for my use, so I decided to delete a few (Blog, News etc). I have now completed my site and it all works fine in the browser. The problem is, I would now like to add just one more page but when I use "Duplicate Page" it causes problems with the nav bar. When viewing the duplicate page in the browser, the mouse roll over causes the nav bar to show links to the old deleted pages (Blog, News etc.).

I know I'm not explaining this too well, but would appreciate some help if anyone understands what I'm waffling about.

Default Re: WD7 - Duplicating a page causing nav bar problems in browser

Welcome to TalkGraphics

That does not sound good.

I am not sure if this will help but double click the duplicate Nav Bar and you can delete the deleted pages.

If not report back and we'll try something else.

Many thanks for the reply. That's the strange thing, when I double click the Nav Bar on the duplicate page it all looks good - no mention of the old deleted pages anywhere. When viewed in the browser, the Nav Bar mouse roll over shows some of the original, deleted page titles. I could just delete my new site and start over again, but I've put a lot of time in it already. Thanks again for any help.

I have found all kinds of strange behaviors with menus after I have made changes, so each time I make a change, I just make sure to go to my index page, right click on my menu bar and select 'Duplicate on all pages', then save the project, and all of my pages seem to update properly reflecting all of the changes. It's the only way I can ensure consistency of my nav menu across all of my pages.

Thanks for the tip Slick368, much appreciated.