Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Question about repelling

Hoping to find some help because I am stumped. I am a brand new user of Xara Web Designer 7 Premium.

Why does repelling around some photos work? I have dragged in 2 different photos to a page and marked them both for repelling. 1 photo the text repells, the other it does not.

I tried moving layers etc and just can't figure out what the difference is.
    Thank for any help you can send my way!!

Default Re: Question about repelling

It helps tremendously to have the work file from the program so that we can see exactly what is happening, rather than guessing at it. (ie. quicker to your solution)

Peace

James

Oh well hey... sorry, but I think I found my answer here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Text-Repelling
    I should of searched first huh!!!! I'm sure I'll have more questions tho... stay tuned. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    It helps tremendously to have the work file from the program so that we can see exactly what is happening, rather than guessing at it. (ie. quicker to your solution)

Peace

James
    Oh My! Forgive a newbie but I am clueless to what a work file even is and how to show it to you.

Pita there is of course the simple mistake we have all made, I am sure, in that the item set to repel, only repels what is under it so. make sure your graphic is brought to the "front" for it to repel "underneath"
    Ken