Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Exported *.png images seem to have black background when it should be transparent

Have you looked at the CD DVD cover templates included with Xara?

Jim

Default Re: Exported *.png images seem to have black background when it should be transparent

Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Have you looked at the CD DVD cover templates included with Xara?
    Jim
    Yes, there are some useful templates there.

Maybe my observation about more `sophisticated' tools, was not clear. I don't see any software other than `Epson Print CD', capable of printing to printable CD/DVDs... not just creating a graphic but also printing it.

Do you know of any besides the `Epson Print CD' tool?

(Understand that I am not talking about printing `labels' that are later stuck onto CD/DVDs, but printing directly onto (printable) CD/DVDs themselves).

I was surprised when googling about that. I did not find any other software to do that job.
    Xara Designer Pro 6.1.2.13287 Running on Win7 (64 bit)

Probably the 'gutsy' side to any such software would be printer specific

you are printing to a circular page I think [rather than A4, US-letter, whatever], so the printer has to be able to handle that as well as printing onto DVD material itself - so most printers that can do it probably have the software included

certainly when I downloaded this program it turned up its nose at my HP and brother and demanded an epson or no deal
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No, I haven't found any either. I just do as much as I can with the Epson.

Jim