Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 Only large buttons?

Yes I realise the old look is still popular with many (though the new dark look seems to be wining so far in the poll). But obviously it takes extra resources to have to maintain, test, document, etc. alternative UIs. Such as every new icon design being required in multiple styles/sizes. It may be better to spend the effort on other program improvements, if we can find a single UI style that the vast majority are happy with.
    Anyway it's still early days, so we'll see what feedback we get as more and more people try the new version and users start to get used to the new style.

Neil

I am thinking of upgrading from Xtreme 5 to Designer Pro 6, with the main incentive being the upgrade price which represents very good value.

However..... comments about the GUI, both on this Forum and my own "first impressions", has left me undecided

The large icons, color scheme and the general impression that this is still a "work-in-progress" is a real concern. The GUI is literally in-your-face and if that becomes a constant source of annoyance then it does not do too much for your creativity.

It would be helpful if Forum Members who have used the new GUI for some time could provide their impressions of what it is like to work with after a few weeks.

TiA

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabvla View Post
    It would be helpful if Forum Members who have used the new GUI for some time could provide their impressions of what it is like to work with after a few weeks.
    Hi Tabvla,
    I invite you to start a new thread to ask this question as this thread topic is only about the button size.

Thanks Sledger..... done !

T.

Thumbs up Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 Only large buttons?

nice! I changed ols style at new Designer Pro 7 by command "Shift + alt +cont+ S"

I like left bar is small.
    Hallo from Japan, Osaka.

YUMI SAIKI