Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem in Navigation Bar

Hi,
    I am facing the following problems while working on the navigation bars.

a) I am not able to create a new on of my own, I have to again and again drag and drift a navigation bar from the Designers Gallery, and right click and more buttons to it . What If I want to create a button of my own design ???

b) Even after selecting the navigation bar, I am not able to change the colour of the background as well as the text, am not able to change the font size of the text, the font type am also not able to change, even If I go the the menu style tab of the navigation properties tab. How do I change these specifications ?

Default Re: Problem in Navigation Bar

Welcome to TalkGraphics

It is easy to create a navigation bar from scratch.

Create a button shape and add text. Group the text and the button shape.

Copy the button to the clipboard (Ctrl c) and Paste in Place (Edit > Paste in Place) on the mouse over layer.

Make your changes to the mouse over button.

Select both buttons and Arrange > Apply Soft Group.

Open the Website Properties menu and click on the Navigation Bar Tool. Refer to the Help menu in the dialog for specific instructions.

Hi, I am having the same problem (b) as vijaysujanani. I import a navigation bar from the Designers Gallery and then am not able to change bar button backgroud colours or text colours, even if I go to the Menu Style tab of the navigation properties tab. From what I read it should work but it just has no effect at all. I am able to change the fill colour or the line colour in the navigation bar by using the colour menu at the bottom of the screen but this does not have the desired effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

To clarify: The Menu Style tab just controls what the dynamic menus look like that appear when you move the pointer over a NavBar button in the browser. They need not have the same colours as the actual NavBar, which is why their colours are controlled separately. The colours of the main NavBar button labels and backgrounds are controlled using the normal drawing tools. Your idea of selecting the complete NavBar and clicking on a colour at the bottom does not work because that applies the same colour to all parts of the NavBar, which means you end up with, for instance, red text on a red background, which is not useful. To change the colour of just the button labels, go to the Text Tool, triple-click on the first button's label to select all of its text and then click on a colour at the bottom. All other buttons should adapt immediately. The NavBars in some themes have different designs for the first and/or last buttons (sort of start/end caps), and in that case you may need to set the label colour on the first, second and last button separately. As for changing the button background, see the very instructive video as per neodeist's link.

You can edit all graphical aspects of a NavBar by dismantling it ("Ungroup"), editing the design of its first button, then putting it back together again by selecting the first button and choosing "Create Navigation Bar", but that is a bit tricky, so best left to experienced users. The manual describes this process in detail. As Gary explained above, you can create a NavBar from scratch, too.