Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

Can anybody help me? I’m stock!
    I want to make a site with frames and dropmenus in Dreamweaver.

Two dropmenus: a horizontal and vertical.
    One frame "strip" fixed at the top and one at the left site.

The menu appears 100%. But when I select a menu item then only a part off the dropmenu appears. The dropmenu (submenu) are cut off by the border of the frame.

Is there a way to get Xara Menu Maker to display the rest of the submenus in a other frame without being cut off. Does anybody have any ideas that would help!

Hi,

Can anybody help me? I’m stock!
    I want to make a site with frames and dropmenus in Dreamweaver.

Two dropmenus: a horizontal and vertical.
    One frame "strip" fixed at the top and one at the left site.

The menu appears 100%. But when I select a menu item then only a part off the dropmenu appears. The dropmenu (submenu) are cut off by the border of the frame.

Is there a way to get Xara Menu Maker to display the rest of the submenus in a other frame without being cut off. Does anybody have any ideas that would help!

hello Marinus,

Welcome to Talkgraphics! Frames might save you a bit of coding, but are not liked at all by the search eangines. They have real difficulty sorting your pages. Half the time, you get an entry in the search engine for the frame itself, not the entire frameset. Navigation is usually what people want to use frames for and 1 MM menu will work for all your pages, so do not use frames.

The only other way to do it would be to make the navigation show up in a popup and nobody likes those. You would also have to get into the code to do that, and I do not think you would want to since you own a WYSIWYG editior.