Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Want to colorize a black & white image in Photo+ Graphic Designer6

Xara has the capability to make B&W images transparent using themselves. Then you can draw and color objects behind.

Akvis has a plugin hat colors B&W images as well. Their programs run as plugins to Xara. At least the programs I have.

You can draw yur objects and the overall shape and subtract the objects from the shape as well.

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/sitemap/fish.php Clip Art resource.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TF.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	81361  

and just to add to what Rich has said..

I put one copy of the transparent [ie white removed] scan on the top layer, and a second copy on the bottom layer and draw color shapes on layers in between

the bottom layer copy [usually faded down] I use as reference, with the top layer hidden most of the time whilst working and shown when I quickly want to check how the effect is looking
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I wonder why xara hasn't implemented this yet. Is there a reason why? It can be frustrating.