Quote Originally Posted by xobo View Post
It'd be better if they just did it with CSS. Your hack uses jscript to change CSS/DOM properties on the fly. In fact they should just ditch jscript for CSS completely so the generated content doesn't break under so many client configurations. At least in the web designer since it's marketed for public use.

I know all the regulars and older members here agree with me no matter what vendor PR friendly responses they give. Using javascript for anything other than legacy alpha blending is just plain bad for any type of end-user design. I guess using their ~3 year old jscript stubs is easier than rolling out a couple hundred bytes of CSS though
Yeah I've posted about it before..the method for CSS is only a change in element structs, a new fill type, and scaling in the exporter. The hacky way is independent z-index for a dynamic place holder, you can even reduce code for this method..but it's your product..

Nobody besides adobe does anything close to this, so it's not like you have to compete for a decent market share..