Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Problems with Navbar in Web Designer 7

I am having an ongoing problem with dropdowns in my horizontal navbar in WDP7. When previewing individual pages, the dropdowns appear as they should. When I preview the entire site, or publish it and view it 'live', the dropdowns do not appear. I am at a loss as to what is causing the problem. I have ensured the navbar is top level, so I know the dropdowns are not slipping behind another element. I have even removed the elements that the dropdowns appear over, but nothing seems to work and I am lost. Anyone have any suggestions. I am fairly new to WD, am loving it, except for this little problem. Would appreciate any feedback/solutions. Thanks!

Default Re: Problems with Navbar in Web Designer 7

It's hard to make any guesses without checking your design. Could you attach it please?
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    It's hard to make any guesses without checking your design. Could you attach it please?
    Here it is. Yes, a train wreck, I know, but I'm still trying to learn it. Used MSEW before this and it... well, let's not get me started on that. At any rate, pages 7, 8, and 9 are static or update dynamically. The content on pages prior to those, the ones existing in the project now and any inserted as needed to accommodate content, will change weekly, so I want to be able to keep the header and footer, of course, and change the links within the navbar to match new content without having to re-create the whole bar or, as I am doing as we speak, moving the content to a whole new project, which I had to do last week as well. Also, on the last 3 pages, where they don't change, how is the best way to handle those? Right now, I just copy the content from the previous week's project file to ensure that the navbar on those pages is the same as on the pages I just updated. I appreciate any help you can give me. If I can get these couple of little wrinkles ironed out and learn this system better, it will cut my production time by about 80%.

110414.web

Thank you for posting your file. This is a bug. I have just fixed it and it will be available in the following update (7.0.4) very soon now.
    Sorry about it.
    John.

No problem. Thank you so much for identifying the problem and for you and the team applying a quick fix! I love WD7 and I think this is my only major hitch so far! Your time and attention to this issue is much appreciated!

Thank you for this fix. I was having the same problem, I thought it was a problem on my computer, or my browsers.