Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Talk Web

Threaded View

Default Talk Web

Each morning, with coffee and Weetabix by the computer, I click on the "What's New?" button at the top of the TG forum and read the new entries as an accompaniment to breakfast. I open each new thread that interests me in a background browser tab, then mark the forums read.
    This morning I had nothing to read with my breakfast and had to visit XaraUsers instead. Below is a screenshot of the reason I had nothing to read. These are just the first fifteen of the twenty listings, the queue of web-related posts stretched much further down the hall. Even the couple that were marked "Dear Xara" and "Graphics & Animation" were web-related.
    So here, encapsulated within the screenshot, are 15 reasons why I don't participate in the TG forums anything like as much as I used to; TG has been swamped by the web. Graphics are very much relegated to an afterthought by the popularity of web design.
    TG might just as well have a new competition for a new "Talk Web" logo. Still, I suppose this just mirrors the direction that Magix/Xara is moving in. It's not the fault of TG, but it is sad to see the way the character of place has changed beyond all recognition.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweb.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	80896  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.