Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just downloaded the GASTADA TTF from http://www.astramat.com/c/typeface.html. For some reason some glyohs/letters won't show up in Xara - I'm getting squares instead, as if the letters were not defined. On the other all letters are available from within MS Word or other applications. Can someone confirm this? What could be the reason for this problem? I also imported the font into the demo version of FontLab, and it seems that all glyphs are actually there. So why isn't Xara showing them?

I just downloaded the GASTADA TTF from http://www.astramat.com/c/typeface.html. For some reason some glyohs/letters won't show up in Xara - I'm getting squares instead, as if the letters were not defined. On the other all letters are available from within MS Word or other applications. Can someone confirm this? What could be the reason for this problem? I also imported the font into the demo version of FontLab, and it seems that all glyphs are actually there. So why isn't Xara showing them?

Yes - I can duplicate the problem.

Charles did admit a while ago that they were aware of a problem with some fonts and that a fix would be found.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Christine,

This might be the fix. If my feeble old mind is working right, I remember the problem being that if the character is outside the bounding box for the character xara would have trouble recreating it. Something about lines threw the character. If this character set has that same problem, then xara might just be set to not even attempt illegal characters.

then again... Let's see what the wise folks at xara say on this one.
    John/DOT

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

geez, just installed some TTF fonts and got the same problem. but not only in Xara X1, but in Softmaker apps as well.

Must be something in the TTF, because if I double click the font in the font list it show just squares or rectangles as well, except for the base size - which doesn't diplay either in Xara.

Maybe some font sets don't stick to the specs?

Any ideas?
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--