Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stapling an image to the background?

Xara Xtreme 4, windows XP SP3

Can I take an image and make it sewn to the background? I'm using Xara Xtreme 4 (not pro). The reason is that I want to have an image OVER which I place various objects. But I am routinely selecting the background by mistake and moving it. It would be nice to do two things:

1. (as I said) lock/sew/staple (what's the term?) an image to be the unmovable background.
    2. This would obviously require me to size and crop the image first to be the page.

Thanks!

Default Re: Stapling an image to the background?

Hi tgm1024,

What you want to do can be done using the Layer Gallery in Xtreme 4.

Open Xtreme 4 and Import the image you want to use for your background, this will place the image on Layer 1 (unless you have added other layers and have another layer selected).

Open the Layer Gallery (use the F10 key or Utilities menu > Galleries > Layer gallery).

Click the New button (upper left corner of the Layer Gallery) and give the new layer a name.

On the same line as Layer 1 in the gallery there will be two columns to the left of the layer name. The first column has and Eye for a header and the second column has an Arrow. The checkbox in the Eye column is used to make the layer visible or invisible. With a checkmark the layer is visible, without a checkmark the layer is invisible. The Arrow column makes the layer selectable when a checkmark is present and non-selectable when there is no checkmark.

Uncheck the Arrow checkbox for Layer 1 and then click the new layer's name to make that the active layer.

Now you can do anything on the new layer and you will not be able to select anything on Layer 1 until you put a checkmark in the Arrow column's checkbox again.

In the attached image the image of the flowers is on Layer 1 and cannot be selected because the checkbox in the Arrow column for Layer 1 is empty.

I have placed a Quickshape on Layer 2 to show how objects drawn on that layer show up over the Layer 1 image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtreme4-layers.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	80693  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

AWESOME! Thanks Bill!!!

Very glad I could help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update