I am sorry to say I haven't used Pagemaker so I don't know how the colour palettes or the export filter works. When you import the file into Acro., you don't mean Adobe Reader, go to the Advanced part of the menu and go out on Print Production and then select Output Preview and then you'll see if your spot colours information are included. You can also see the same information about your colour palette if you select Ink Manager. It is my recollection, seeing it used in schools, that as well as saving your data to .eps that you also had to run it through Distiller to get the RIP data but it was 10 years ago the last time I had to sort out this type of problem. You can also check if there are going to be problems in your final PDF by running a Prefilght from the same part of the Advance menu in your Print Production Menu. On the Black ink, Process Black means that it is a Rich Black as well as a large proportion of K it also has a smaller amount of C, M, Y, as well. If you keep the total values of your Process black under 300% when all of them are added together that should be fine. Go on to the Adobe site and see if you can get any info on using Spot Colours in Pagemaker would be my next advice but since it is not sold any more this might be harder to do. If I can be any help using Acro Pro I will try my best as it is one of my favourite programmes.