Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo Question

Photo Photo Question

I am currently using Xara Extreme 4. I have a photo of my grandson that I would like to remove him and paste him into a group photo of all my other grandchildren. Any help on how to do that would be appreciated. If I am posting in the wrong forum please advise me of the correct one. Thanks!
    Last edited by vgt; 18 February 2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Photo Question

This is one example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8XgHkZo1J8

First you will need to cut out your photo and then when that is done move the cutout onto your other photo, resize to fit and give it a slight feather to blend it into the other photo better. You may also need to do some other operations on the cutout to make it blend better. You might also want to group the two photos to avoid moving the cutout after you have gone to all this work of positioning and sizing Anyway that's it in a nutshell.
    I don't know what version of Xara Egg is using but hopefully that will help.

Also Xhris has a nice tutorial on his website that you might want to check out.
    http://xhris.digitalred.net/

Hope this helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you so much. The tutorial link helped as I have AMD and watching is much easier than reading instructions. I will try this.

Hi, The video from my website that Wizard509 kindly refers to is located here. It's similar to Egg's; hope it helps.

I did this for a good friend in 2009, so I think it must have been done using Xtreme 5. Xara has always been sublime for removing unwanted objects from photos, with or without the newer photo retouching tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photoretouching.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	80076  
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.