Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Snapping to grid

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you are not going to be doing architecture/engineering/scientific plans and drawings, you may not need to worry about isometric at all

I'm no expert - I tend to think only in terms of vanishing point[s] when I need to put depth into a drawing
    are you saying that its not possible or rather pointless to create isometric vector art? for art purposes? then unless somebody has else to say. im forced to give up

no not at all

'isometric' refers to a method of projecting the three 3D dimensions onto a 2D surface

'iso' means 'the same' ; 'metric' as in 'measure' - an isometric system has all three dimensions projected[foreshortened] equally

rendering 3D on a 2D surface is always going to involve compromise - if you are drawing a solid object then is usually not too bad, but if you are drawing plans that are outline in nature then it can become very difficult and complex to show the 3D without the visible back interfering visually with the visible front - it's a complex subject and like I say I am no expert

its up to you which way you do it, but first I would get a firm grasp of perspective, and then decide which method of projection is appropriate for the job in hand
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Isometric grids are good for technical drawings where you are providing front, side, top, isometric projection for a part to be manufactured or a building to be assembled.

In some schools "Mechanical Drawing" is the title for the course where you use T-Squares, Triangles, Compasses, and Scaled measuring devices to create isometric drawings.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    does isometric, axometric use curves or just circles, lines, and squares. one of the things i dont get yet is what exactly true isometric art is. im refering to vector art in a non pixel/cad way. anybody got any isometric xara art they like to share? doesnt have to be by you. but vector. or am i missing the point yet again.
    isometric vector art>http://tinyurl.com/4856988
    ~Fred