Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara web designer 6 bug - please fix this ASAP!!!

whenever i "export website", i get this box which says:

"serious error from Xara Web Desinger - unhandleable unidentifiable exception in thread at 0x000000"

i have even sent error report numerous times and it hasn't been fixed yet...this has been going on for 1 week now.

what is going on?

Default Re: Xara web designer 6 bug - please fix this ASAP!!!

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Sorry you are having problems. This can be very annoying.

Does this happen when you export other sites? And which product or products are you using? You did not list any on your personal info page.

Have you downloaded an installed the latest version and patches? (Help > Update Program)

Also, this sometimes gets rid of the problem, right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

If you can export other sites without this error message then something is probably gone amok in your problem document.

At any rate, this will give you a few things to try while waiting for Xara Tech Support to get back to you.

If this is the case, try creating a new document, and copy and paste each page into the new document.

Default Re: Xara web designer 6 bug - please fix this ASAP!!!

I'm using WD6 and have experienced this error a few times myself. I find that it occurs after i've manually saved whatever i'm working on and a file has been stashed into my documents folder, all i do is hurl the offending file into the recycle bin and that sorts it out. I have no idea why it does it, what causes it or if my actions even fix it, all i know is that that's what i do and it works... i'm about as technically minded as a chocolate orange, can you tell?