Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How can I align the left side of one object with the right side of another?

I can't find how to align the left side of one object with the right side of another in Xara. Coming from Inkscape, this is something that is normally one click for me.

Thanks

Default Re: How can I align the left side of one object with the right side of another?

Arrange menu > alignment gives you the dialog for this ['you need to have the objects to be aligned selected]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: How can I align the left side of one object with the right side of another?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Arrange menu > alignment gives you the dialog for this ['you need to have the objects to be aligned selected]
    I don't think it does. How could I use these options to create a chequered pattern from squares, for example?

I'm specifically asking how to align the left side of one object with the right side of another, not aligning both left sides.

Hi M4R5,

There's probably a better way, but I do it like THIS. Make a square, select it, flip it over and right click to copy it, select both, flip them and right click to copy, and while they are still selected, click the ‘flip horizontally’ button, and repeat. If you zoom down in wireframe mode you’ll see they are in the correct position. Do the same thing vertically, and your chess board will be ready in a few seconds.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Create a Guide aligned with the 1st object and use it to align the second object accordingly.

Hi James,
    I have to use one Rectangle and the Blend Tool to create a chequered pattern. this technique is great for me try it. xar file attached.
    Best Regards BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chequered_pattern.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	78301  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    Hi James,
    I have to use one Rectangle and the Blend Tool to create a chequered pattern. this technique is great for me try it. xar file attached.
    Best Regards BP
    This is a good solution for making a chequered pattern, but I can't replicate it in a new file. It works in your XAR file, but in a new file when I complete step 1 I get a solid black square instead of lines.

Hi M4R5,
    Here is more explaining on how to get the lines from the Rectangle or Square, you must convert your Square to shape at first, then you have a shape, use the shape editor tool to break at all 4 points like in the attached image.
    Hope that help you more. and I´m sorry, i think you know how you use all the Drawings Tools in Xara.
    One more advice from me, you can read the help files, that help you to understand and know how you use the drawingsTools.
    But if you have any question, you can ask, no problem.
    Best Regards BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	How to get the lines.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	78304  
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    Hi M4R5,
    Here is more explaining on how to get the lines from the Rectangle or Square...
    Thanks. Done it :-)

I think rather than mess about with blend I'd just offset duplication [alternating white and black fill] as per:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...713#post386713
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...