Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Supported plugins

Just upgraded to designer 6 (would be nice if they stopped changing the name of the program, but another topic)... I picked up the Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 as I have never really used plugins before...

Was amused to find out that when I went to "register" it on the Alien Skin site, the product was not on their registration page. When I asked, I got what i thought was a funny response...

The program was discontinued over 10 years ago so it isn't on the current products list.
    The humor being that the Xara site specifically states that you should register the plugin with Alien Skin for support.. yet the plugin being sold has not been sold for 10 years.

In any case, It looks like I can upgrade what I do have to their current Eye Candy 6 for a reasonable fee... but I can't seem to find out if it is compatible with the Designer 6 product.

Any ideas if it is compatible?

FWIW, I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 on windows platform, not the pro version. I use it for most of my graphic stuff, but nothing very fancy.

Default Re: Supported plugins

The message on Xara.com about registering the plug-in for support is probably also ten years old. Perhaps someone at Xara should have a look at that.

Name changes are confusing. Agree. After all these years, Adobe Illustrator is still Adobe Illustrator. It now has the CS number after it, but it is not Adobe Illustrator and Website Creator and Photo Editor and Ad and PDF Creator Pro.

Any idea if the newer plugin's work with the current version of Xara?

Most will. The exceptions are if a plug-in requires a pixel selection.

Have a look at Mehdi Photoshop Filters. These are all free and I believe most or all work with Xara Designer and Photo and Graphic Designer.

I don't use plugins but Xero has many freeware plugins that work well as far as I can tell.
    In fact I rarely use anything other then Xara.

http://www.xero-graphics.co.uk/freeware.htm
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.