Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool customising/adding buttons to control bars

Ive just upgraded to PGD from XX2 and want to be able to use more buttons rather than mouse to menus or keyboard shortcuts eg Import etc, but when i look up help on Moving Buttons and Tools, there doesnt seem to be a list of buttons i can add, only move/copy whats already on the control bars. Isnt there an import button anywhere? or buttons for other menu operations?
    Most programs have a list of buttons u can customise your control bars with. But seemingly not PGD?
    I havent bought the manual yet......if its more detailed than Help.?

also can u change the GUI grey color theme? im not sure i like it! its a bit dull, tho i can understand it might be better on the eyes!

Thanks

Default Re: customising/adding buttons to control bars

Welcome to TalkGraphics cavair

One of the things that most users love about Xara products is the simplicity of the UI. But if you want more buttons you can create your own button bar.

Go to the Window menu and select Control Bars. This shows quite a few sets of control bars that are not all on the screen (the checked ones are).

At the very bottom of the list is Button Bar. Bingo!

Hold down the Alt key and drag and drop these onto the Infobar. Or better still, select New... And Name and create your own. Alt drag and drop your buttons from the button bar onto the new Control bar. When you are done, drag and drop the new control bar onto the Infobar at the top of the screen.

In the Help file, select Index and search for Control Bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button-bar.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	77628