Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: "grouping" text

Threaded View

Default Re: "grouping" text

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    That suggests your browser settings are causing the problems, not Xtreme/Designer. I'm sure your copy is exactly the same as everyone else's.

Try resetting your browsers back to their default settings. Make sure the zoom level of the browsers is reset to normal.

Also, back in XDPro, make sure you set "Document is intended to be a website" and "Show Windows compatible text lengths" as I described above.

Phil
    Hi Phil,
    I don't think it is a browser problem in that despite the fact that I have the two problems in preview the exported file looks OK in IE8, Safari and Google Chrome. It only repeats the preview problems when viewed in Firefox 3.6.10 which is my default browser. I have not changed anything in any of my browsers. I did take your point re the general tab settings - it made no difference to the preview problems. I have attached screen prints of the exported file shown in IE8, & Safari - all look OK on text overspill and the repel text problems. I have also attached the same exported file in Firefox - both problems clearly visible. The file showing the preview page in XDP6 clearly shows the problem while the file of the design page shows the layout as designed - no problems!!!
    can you make anything out of this lot???
    Many thanks for your help so far.

Best regards,
    Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara preview.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	77451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara design page.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	77447  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE8.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	77448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safari.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	77449  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firefox.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	77450