Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really do hope I did just not look close enough, but is there still no EMF import (and maybe even export?) in X-X ??

I really did look forward for this feature.

Why, you ask ??
    Because WMF is a very common way of transfering files between programs. Unfortunately though, it has it's limits, i guess because it's a 16 bit format. EMF on the other hand gives me much better quality and is widely used by other programs. For un-experienced users (like most of my clients) EMF is a very good way to export logos etc., because it don't ask questions and parameters.

I use EPS whenever possible, but sometimes EMF would be the only compatibility between programs - vectorbased.

Will we see this feature in the CD release, or what's the problem with it ??

Wolfgang

I really do hope I did just not look close enough, but is there still no EMF import (and maybe even export?) in X-X ??

I really did look forward for this feature.

Why, you ask ??
    Because WMF is a very common way of transfering files between programs. Unfortunately though, it has it's limits, i guess because it's a 16 bit format. EMF on the other hand gives me much better quality and is widely used by other programs. For un-experienced users (like most of my clients) EMF is a very good way to export logos etc., because it don't ask questions and parameters.

I use EPS whenever possible, but sometimes EMF would be the only compatibility between programs - vectorbased.

Will we see this feature in the CD release, or what's the problem with it ??

Wolfgang

I just tried it, I can EXport an EMF file, but I can't IMport it again.

I too was hoping for some emf support improvements.
    I can export from Xara X as emf but when I try to insert it as a picture in say Word 2000, all I get is a blank box.

Hi,

I've tried exporting XaraX files as emfs to include in DTP work, but I haven't found one that works yet! Visio, Word etc all show blank/empty boxes! I'm running windows ME which previews images windows understands in the desktop explorer windows. wmf, gif etc are fine, but emf from XaraX just shows as a black box. So I'm stuck with wmf a a vector format at the moment, but it doesn't handle the bezier curves...

I emailed suppprt with an example, but they say it works OK for them. Does anyone actually use emf export and get it to work??

Hi,

I get exactly the same result: EMF exports result in a blank file.

What I tend to do as a workaround is use the WPG format. XaraX exports very nicely to that; you can insert it into Word (and presumably other Office apps) files, and I find the quality is very good.
    I have never used WordPerfect, but judging by the quality of their file format - I'm impressed. WPG is of course only 8-bit, but gradients and such effects look very good in it.
    Is that any help?

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

I tried WGP, and it was visible in Word 2003.

But it looks like a bitmap? I might just as well use GIF, then?

Is there any vector format that can be exported from Xara to Word?

Import and export filters are due for update with the next version.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Our old friend Wolfgang from Austria?? Is that you??

I wrote support about this issue, so maybe someone will pop in! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hey Richard,

Check the date on Wolfgang's post, it was made over 3 years ago.

It would be nice to hear from him again.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update