Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Charles

Re hotkeys, while it might make sense to try to conform to "industry standards" at least in the initial key assignments, it would be much better to have the hotkeys user-defined. Not everyone uses the "industry standard" software. If they did, we wouldn't be here. For those of us who need some consistency among the apps we are using, custom key assignments are the only way to go. In addition, we wouldn't be at the mercy of the "industry standard" when someone like MS or Adobe suddenly decides to change that standard.

For example, all but two of the apps I use employ Alt FA for Save As. That's a hotkey combination that's been in use for years. I swear it's built into my hand. Someone has apparently decided that Control Shift S makes more sense. The two apps that don't use Alt FA conform to this new "standard", and neither will allow me to assign Alt FA to that function. Each time I have to Save As in one of those apps, it interrupts my workflow and my concentration and adds to the general annoyance level. It would make much more sense to allow the user to define the hotkeys. Then I can use Alt FA, and those who prefer Control Shift S can have it their way too.

Allison,

Exactomundo. Well said. I have a similar problem with two, 3D apps I use and because of it I can sometimes do real damage.

Use (link to) XARA3D.

If some of the tools used in Xara3D can't be built into XaraX1+, then perhaps a plugin that would enable user to select vector object(s) in Xara X1, open Xara3D with the selection automatically loaded, exit Xara3D, and have a transaprent PNG placed in XaraX1 (with an XML reference to it in the BitMap gallery similar to how XPE works).

Wish List ...

1) Print Preview
    2) Print Guidelines Option
    3) Center to Page (or selection) hotkey
    4) Multiple Pages (Yes, I really DO use them)
    5) The ever popular "Export to PDF"

Hi,
    Its been awhile since I was here. And now there ia a new version of XaraX. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Anyway I thought I would pass on a request. I work for Battleship Cove and we have ten seats of XaraX that are used in a program in which local teachers creat informational panels to be displayed at the Cove. The problem is we generate about 20 panels a year each with a great deal of text. The panels end up going through a number of revisions to bring them up to the Cove's standards. Under these conditions geting everything spelled correctly is a problem. This is especially true as I am not a good speller. So.... It would be really great if XaraX had a spell checker. I know that Corel has one. I suspect it came from their old AmiPro word processor. Or, is there some way to use a stand alone spell checker? Anyway the new Xara seems to have answered many of my other wishes. But this one is big for me and remains
    J B

Here's another item for the wish list:

Include the Pantone M/C/U/ palettes instead of, or in addition to, the DS and process-oriented palettes we have now so I have some prayer of bringing a graphic into my DTP app with the right color.

A couple of minor things to go in a Xara 1.2 :

Keyboard access on the layer gallery - arrow keys should select layers, ctrl+arrow keys should move the selected layer up and down.

'Get lines...' on the line gallery, the same as the clipart and fill galleries, to download more line types.

> I know that Corel has one. I suspect it came from their old AmiPro word processor.

AmiPro was Lotus. AFAIK, Corel never had anything to do with it. Perhaps you meant WordPerfect?

Yes of course, I was confused (a normal state for me) the point was that they already had the application and could easily attach it to Corel Draw. I seem to be the only one interested in a spell checker. Don't know if it is because I am the only bad speller, or that most users do not use much text in their work. Or maybe there is a work around that I don't know about.
    J B

A few features I would like to see added to XaraX1 are: ( some of these have already been mentioned)

1. batch export - for instance the ability to to select a folder containing a number of xara files and have the ability to automatically open and export each one at a set size and extension and color depth.

2. Spell Checker

3. Mesh gradient parameter similar to Illustrator

4. When exporting I would like to see an option for export canvas, regardless of objects outside of the page area. (used to be in Corel Xara)

5. Style Sheets, Set parameters for objects such as strokes, fills, text and so on.

6. Text control, including tabs, bullets, formatting and so on.

7. An extrude or sweep feature would be cool.

8. The ability to add additional shortcut keys would be cool as well.

I think that will just about do it for me.

Dave