Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with DP6 tools

I want to try a tutorial made for Photoshop but I want to use Xara. It uses the Dodge and Burn tool and smudge tools in Photoshop, are there compatible tools in Xara? I know this is probably a dumb question, please bear with my ignorance of these great Xara tool's Is the smudge tool like Gaussian Blurr ?

Merv

Default Re: Help with DP6 tools

AKA: Merv

The smudge tool in Photoshop is like smudging an area of a pastel drawing. Feathering is similar but not really the same thing. For dodge and burn you can try stained glass transparency to make something darker and bleach to make something lighter, but these are pretty different from dodge and burn which were processes used in the darkroom to make portions of a photo lighter or darker and later translated into Photoshop tools.

Basically, look at the tutorial and try to determine which of Xara's tools will work best for recreating the step. And of course you can post steps here and let us see if we can figure out the work around steps.

Thanks Gary for your quick response. I'm trying to use a tutorial on how to make animal fur. I started to use the "Eye Candy" plug-in but I felt like it was cheating

Merv

Then by that logic, using Xara software is also cheating so you should write your own graphics application Merv..

I remember doing this tutorial which uses a brush to create the Teddy's fur.

Would that be called a Hair Brush?
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box