Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Viedo editing software

Laura wanted a video camera. Now that we have one, what would be easy to use software for editing the movies.

Rich

Default Re: Viedo editing software

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    Laura wanted a video camera. Now that we have one, what would be easy to use software for editing the movies.

Rich

Serif Movie Plus X3?

ug.... This is a perennial q Rich

There are tons out there, most are convoluted rubbish which only manage to age people prematurely..

If it's simplicity and speed you want, try VideoPAD. It has a lot of features, clean interface and fairly intuitive.

If you want something tried and trusted by people for years, try VirtualDub (freeware), it's a bit geeky though and somewhat confusing at first. But there's lot's of free plugins, filters and eu support.

I've used WMM with varying degrees of hair-pulling. I use Format Factory for converting between formats and VirtualDub for editing and I can vouch for its usefulness once you get used to its quirks. And it's free.

Not something I have done before, and don't know where to start asking. I read several camera reviews. All the reviews said the supplied software was terrible. Of course, they also said the camera came without an external battery charger. There is one available. I took a while to sort out compatible batteries. I didn't know what memory card class meant either. I saw WMM on my machine. Didn't know it was there. I downloaded the free version of VideoPad. It said for non commercial use. Never thought of Serif software. There is certainly lots of options. The camera will have 96GB of memory with the cards. Seems like a lot of data. Thanks for the replies.

Rich

One other point about VideoPAD, is that you can load any of the .vdf filters made for VirtualDub, which extends it's usefulness somewhat

Afterdawn forums are a very popular resource for information.

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    Never thought of Serif software. There is certainly lots of options.

Magix, Xara's parent company makes a video editor too, I think.

I have been looking at the Magix product as well. The camera has so many settings it appeared impossible to show Laura how to use it. However, it has a full auto mode for first time users. Most important button on the camera. I have been trying to understand the manual. So many icons that didn't mean anything to me. I found a section on how to read the manual. Much easier now.

Rich

Hi,
    Well I have also just delved into Video again. I bought the samsung Flash Memory camcorder it supports the H.264 High def format. It came with Cyberlink bundle software.
    I have been creating my title screens and menu buttons for DVD publishing in Xara Designer Pro and exporting then compiling them though Nero for High def output.
    Cyberlink PowerDirector is a very powerfull video editor but pricey, and they have a very helpful Utube tutorials for all aspects.
    JimM